The Trueshot wristband is a wrist-wearable device especially conceived for golfing that detects golf swing movements and analyses swings at driving range.
The challenge was to achieve the ideal compromise for golfing, balancing the electronics (fit the miniaturized components into an attractive and practical wearable case), energy consumption and the integration of machine learning processing algorithms. The resulting wristband uses cutting-edge sensors to ensure optimal temporal and spatial resolutions, particular relevant on golfing downswings. Power consumption was optimized by using a hardware standby mode and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communications.
- automation to detect swings;
- improved accuracy (specific sensors for golfing);
- improved autonomy battery life adequate for golfing.
- Records swings at very high sampling frequencies (up to 125 frames/second);
- Supports high acceleration movements (up to 20 g);
- Interfaces Swing Tempo mobile app to process data and detect movements such as full-swing, pitching and putting;
- Uses Bluetooth Smart – low power Bluetooth interface;
- Includes a standby mode for power management optimization.
- Northern America – USA and Canada;
- Asia – South Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Viet nam and Taiwan;
- Europe – Portugal, Spain, U.K., Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- Others – Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and South Africa.